Monday, October 27, 2014

Feed your sweet tooth without the guilt!!

WOW, are your ready for something SUPER sinful but low cal, low carb and high in protein?  Well look no further because I've got JUST the thing for you.....AND if you're a peanut butter fan such as myself, these will be totally up your ally.

This evening, my friend Matt posted a low-carb recipe idea to my page.  The recipe was from a blog called Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes; HOWEVER being the stickler that I am, I was not impressed by a lot of the ingredients OR numbers.  Guess what? I have all the ingredients on hand to make this MY way by not only drastically cutting the calories but also the fat and did not compromise the fiber either.  

Note that I am being very specific about items and ingredients as these are items I keep on hand; any changes or substitutes you make, you will need to account for as there will be subtle changes.

NUTTY COCONUT PATTIES

Ingredients:

2 scoops Advocare Performance Elite Muscle Gain Vanilla Protein Shake Mix
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Fancy Jr. Mammoth Pecans, finely chopped (found in bulk section of HEB)
4 Tbs Fage Total 0% Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup PJ2 Powdered Peanut Butter (mixed w/ 1/8 cup water)
2 Tbs. So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk Lite
1 Tbs Josephs Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Natures Eats Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (HEB)
1 Tbs Madhava Coconut Sugar Pure & Unrefined



Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a medium sized bowl.  Put muffin/cupcake papers in a regular sized muffin tin; spoon 2 Tbs of mixture into tin (I measured out exactly 9)

This currently is just a tad wet so I froze them, and they are absolutely DIVINE!  I am going to continue to tweak this recipe to the right consistency (I have an idea on what changes to make).  I also have an idea about using pure Cacao Powder because it is amazing, AND chocolate and peanut butter go great together.  As I make changes, I will update and re-post as it develops.


OOPS!  We HAD to try them first!




And here's the skinny on this recipe:

Recipe makes 9 patties - each serving is as follows:

Calories:             77.0
Total Fat:             5.1g
Saturated Fat:     2.3g
Cholesterol:         6.0mg
Sodium:              38.0mg
Potassium:         12.0mg
Total Carbs:        3.6g
Fiber:                   1.3g
Sugar:                  1.7g
Protein:                5.1g

Vit A:        0 %
Calcium:   1%
Vit C:       11%
Iron:         14%

Good points:  Low Sodium, High Vit C & Iron.

Hope you try these out and enjoy them as much as we did.  One is very filling because of the protein content plus the fiber is practically on point which is also very good for your body.

Until next time, HAPPY EATING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment